Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Reign in Spain

(Guernica by Pablo Picasso)

Oh how I love everything Spanish related!  Maybe it was the year and a half that I lived there?  Or maybe my discovery Spanish art when I was 17 years old?   I was in my fourth year of high school Spanish and my teacher introduced me to Velazquez, El Greco, Dali, Goya, and of course Picasso.  I was memorized.
Spain not only flourishes with its amazing art and film (I love international film) but also in fashion and design.
Designers like Manolo Blahnik, Agatha Ruiz de la Prada, Balenciaga, and Adolfo Dominguez to name a few.
If only we could all own some Manolos' or an amazing Balenciaga bag!
Two of my favorite Spanish companies: TOUS and ZARA.
Us commoners can more easily afford the art of  the designers from these stores. My most unique and favorite pieces of jewelery come from TOUS.
When I was living Houston there were two TOUS boutiques no more than 3 miles apart, during the crazy economic times, one closed down. There is one in Dallas, about 45 minutes from my current home, but their online shop ties you to either their NYC or LA store for awesome and convenient ordering.
Their iconic teddy bear mascot is what sets them apart.
Here are some of my favorite pieces in my collection.  I get a lot of compliments on the beetle ring.  I love it.


I'm really wanting this bracelet::


Helllooo largest ZARA in the USA.  It opened up a couple of years ago on Michigan Ave. in Chicago.  What more could you ask for on the "magnificent mile?"  A truly magnificent store!!  I'll be in Chicago in July and believe that I will be making a stop or two while I'm there.
Here are links to a couple of ZARA's current collections:
Loving this
and
This


Let it reign!

1 comment:

  1. So weird, I swear I left a comment already, but I'll try again...
    I wanted to tell you that:
    1- that beetle ring is the bomb.
    2- I was surprised, Zara has good prices!
    3- You have impeccable taste.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails