Monday, November 1, 2010

Red Light

For many years I have been on a quest to find the perfect, universally classic, red lipstick. I tend to be picky because sometimes the "perfect" red looks a little too pink and sometimes orange-y on my lips. I have found a few that give me the true red that I am looking for. Saturday I found one more to add to my mix of choices.
opensticks

An everyday red I like to use is NARS "Flamenco." It goes on smooth and gives me a nice shade of red that is occassion versatile. I've gone through a few tubes of this one already. A candy apple red that is good for pairing with your Sunday best is CHANEL's "Passion."
Saturday I found one that is a little in between. It's a dress up or down color. It's part of MAC's Disney Venomous Villian's Line. I normally don't use MAC makeup, but the sample caught my eye and I had to try it and it was perfect: "Amplified Heartless." It seems to feather a little, but I think it was my dry lips and not the lipstick. The smoothness and color are something to reckoned with.
Cheers to a classic and a lip stained glass!

1 comment:

  1. I always envied girls who could wear real red lipstick...or lipstick at all! haha. I'm gloss-bound when it comes to lips. I like Nars' eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails